“Star Academy Arabia” premiered its 9th season on Thursday, September 26,2013. The show produced by endemol middle east, will run for 16 weeks on LBCI and CBC Egypt on Thursdays at 9 pm.
The televised reality talent show features 16 new young female and male candidates/students from all over the Arab World set to start a journey of fame.
Meet the 16 Candidates In Star Academy Arabia 2013
Maria Sarkis, Masaab Al Khatib, Zaki Shreif, Jean Chahid, Abdallah Abdel Aziz, Nour Farawati, Rana Samaha, Soukaina Boukries, Maritta Abi Nader, Essa Al Marzouk, Maisaa Al Majri, Mahmoud Mohiy, Lilia Ben Chikha, Taher Mustapha, Zeinab Ousama and Menna Hani.
ABOUT STAR ACADEMY ARABIA
- Star Academy Arabia, which first launched in 2003 is the Arabic adaptation of the French television show Star Academy.
- The reality talent show, situated at Platea Street, Sahel Alma,Jounieh, Lebanon, consists of an academy with young female and male candidates/students from all over the Arab World living together under one roof for 16 weeks. The participants compete to stay within the academy to win the title. The candidates are trained in singing, acting, sports, dancing, vocalizing, musical culture and theater expression.
- A live show called “Prime” is broadcast weekly, where candidates showcase their talents on stage with dances, solo performances and singing with guest artists
- Each day a program presents moments of the everyday life and training of the candidates.
WATCH STAR ACADEMY 24/24
Along with an affiliate TV station films and broadcasts the participants’ daily life in the academy 24/7 at Nilesat Frequency: 11680 H FEC 3/4 Symb 27500.
VOTING & ELIMINATION RULES
- A candidate is eliminated every week through a nomination process.
- On weekly bases, the three weakest students are nominated by the academy’s professors after they undergo an evaluation test the day before. Nominees are announced on Mondays.
- During the weekly prime, the three nominated candidates’ initial voting is through public votes.Voting is open online until the end of each prime.
- The one with the highest percentage of votes is saved by the public votes. One of the two remaining candidates is voted out by their fellow candidates and has to leave the academy immediately, while the candidate who receives the most votes remains in the academy.
- When the overall number of candidates is reduced, the professors nominate two candidates. At this stage, the remaining fellow candidates don’t vote, instead one of the nominated contestant is voted out by the public vote.
- At the final stage two candidates will remain in the academy, the one who receives the highest percentage of public votes on the final prime wins the title.
Star Academy 2013 Host is Lebanese TV presenter Hilda Khalife, who has been presenting the show since season one.
Star Academy Arabia 2013 Professors:
- Elissar Caracalla - Dance Teacher - Lebanese dancer and choreographer
- Mary Mahfouz - Voice Techniques
- Betty Tawal - Acting Insructor – an actress, writer and director
- Khalil Abu Obeid - Singing Instructor – An Artist, composer and arranger
- Hisham Boulos - Music Instructor – helps candidates choose the songs they perform live in the primes.
- Claudia Marchelian - The head of the Academy, replacing Rola Saad.
Also Joining Star Academy Arabia 2013:
- Milad Hadchiti – Body Language expert – will teach candidates how to improve their public image
- Dietitian Monique Baasila Zaarour – will be supervising the students’ diets during their stay in the Academy.
- Gretta Teslakian – Fitness instructor. The Lebanese running champion will be leading daily sports classes in the Academy.
- Stylist Mona Maalouf will council the students’ looks during the primes based on each one’s character and musical preferences.
The winners for Star Academy first 8 seasons were:
- Season 1 (2003–2004): Mohamed Attieh
- Season 2 (2004–2005): Hisham Abdulrahman
- Season 3 (2005–2006): Joseph Attieh
- Season 4 (2006–2007): Shatha Hassoun
- Season 5 (2008): Nader Guirat
- Season 6 (2009): Abdulaziz Abdulrahman
- Season 7 (2010) Nassif Zeitoun
- Season 8 (2011): Nesma Mahgoub
Source: LBCI – CBC Egypt